Princeville Makai is excited to announce Pickleball to the Tennis facilities! Pickleball is a paddle sport (similar to a racquet sport) that combines elements of badmitten, tennis, and table tennis. Two or four player use solid paddles to hit a perforated polymer ball, similiar to Wiffle Ball, over a net.
Princeville Makai’s paddle sport complex consists of up to six pickleball and three tennis outdoor hard surface courts and a team committed to providing you an outstanding tennis experience. The courts at the Princeville Makai Golf Club are currently open to members only. To inquire about a monthly or annual Tennis and Pickleball membership, please CLICK HERE to email us!
Meet Our Instructor:
D. Yhale Scott: Director Of Racquet Sports
USPTA Elite Pro & Master Pro Candidate PTR & USTA High Performance Certified. Yhale is the Owner and Director of O’ahu Tennis Academy, LLC. Yhale has coached and trained ATP. WTA, ITF and USTA nationally ranked players. Yhale played Pro Circuit events and competed in many tournaments as a junior where he found his passion for coaching elite level players.
Yhale has worked with many USTA men’s and women’s players of various NTRP levels. Yhale created the PHD System™️ and his Core Four™️ strategy designed to fast track players immediately. Yhale is a graduate of UCLA. Certified Tennis Professional with USPTA Elite Professional, PTR, USTA Sports Science Level II and is a USTA High Performance Elite Coach.
Tennis Rules and Regulations:
All tennis players must check-in at the golf shop counter before entering the tennis courts. Members must present membership card.
Players may reserve a court in advance but no more than 7 days prior.
Players must wear proper tennis attire and athletic shoes with non-marking soles (no sandals please). Shirts must be worn at all times.
Tennis players must show courtesy and respect toward other players and golfers around tennis courts. Please keep noise levels to a minimum.
Makai Golf & Tennis | Jr Pathway Programs: Beginning October 9th, 2023
- Academy (Advanced Players)
UTR 7 or above | Open Enrollment by MGT Staff
- US Open Group: Our top Jr Pathway Program. Players in this group must be competing in tournaments, play for High School team and have a UTR of at least 4.0 to participate. Player selected by MGT Pro Staff.
Tues & Thurs 4:30-6:30pm
- Wimbledon: This group are for kids that are competing in tournaments, playing on High School, JV or middle school teams. Players should have a UTR of at least 3.0 to participate in the class.
Monday & Wed 4:30-6pm
- Australian Open: Players in the is group are graduating from Red Ball, Orange Ball and Green Dot classes. Players are learning the fundamentals, developing strategy and learning core tennis fundamentals.
Tues & Thurs 3:30-4:30pm
- French Open: Our entry level Jr Pathway Program. Players in this group learn the fundamentals using softer compression balls conducive for early development. Players in this group are learners and generally limited playing experience.
Tues & Thurs 3:30-4:30pm
Jr Pathway Criteria: Players are moved from one level to the next based on MGT Pro Staff evaluation and apparent development of player levels.